Friday, May 23, 2008

So You Think You Can... guess the winner?

My guilty pleasure of the summer began TONIGHT! Okay, to be clear... it isn't my ONLY guilty pleasure and it isn't that "guilty" of a pleasure as far as guily pleasures go. But yes, it is a cheesy talent contest reality television show with a three-judge panel consisting of a one pretty nice judge, a crazy lady, and a mean British man. I guess its only fair that last night American Idol, which uses this formula also ended, and tonight began season 4 of So You Think You Can Dance!

I've mentioned earlier that I am intrigued/obsessed with talents that I don't have. Dance? DEFINITELY a talent I don't have. However, it intrigues me because I feel like it is a talent I COULD have if I worked hard enough. I don't get into American Idol that much because I feel like singing is something you are either born with or your not and I am not hugely entertained by watching individuals sing. But with SYTYCD, I am so impressed, amazed, awed, and simply entertained by the choreography and the dances that they put together. Also, on the show unlike on Idol, every contestant has to compete in every style of their art form so there is always something new.

My prediction of a winner or final 4 after one show: Kherington. The blonde soccer player that they filmed at her home and at her high school. I'm so annoyed that they did that-- WHY would they be at her home unless she made it far in the show? If she doesn't make it really far I will be completely shocked. She also has a winner's name. Kherington. She would go right along with Benji and Sabra from the past. She is pretty good but I am not sure how I feel about her. I can see her progressing a lot on the show though... I tried to find a video of her on YouTube and there were none up from SYTYCD but I did find this little number.

It is quite strange, especially the appearance from her sister and the large portion in the middle where she poses awkwardly to music in random places like the beach, a palm tree, on a wall, etc.

No comments: