Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Creed

One of my favorite projects from all of my years of schooling was an assignment I had my senior year of high school in English class. We had to write a “creed” or a list of all of our beliefs and a definition of what that creed meant to us to go along with it. Now, four years after I wrote that initial creed. I decided to write another with the lessons from college. It is a work in progress. Here we go…

I believe...
- In the families you make for yourself
- In “Thank-you”s and “I love you”s.
- Anything can change in an instant in any way possible.
- Nothing is forever.
- In living in the moment.
- That it is possible to have a great balance between work and play.
- You should ALWAYS find time for the play.
- In the power of human touch.
- In preparing for the future.
- In helping others.
- In talking to everyone that I meet.
- In making friends.
- That you can learn something valuable from the smallest of incidents
- In inclusion.
- That people change and sometimes when that happens it can impact you in a good way and sometimes it just sucks.
- That asking questions is the best way to get an answer.
- In being open with people.
- In staying in touch.
- That I turned out a lot better than many people I know who have grown up with a lot of money.
- That many people don’t know how lucky they are and take too much for granted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really like this. its like a mission statement. i think i could benefit from doing one myself!

also? i have a copy of the desiderata hanging in my room. =)