Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just For Fun

I stumbled upon this survey in a blog about a Boston girl-- which you've just got to love! This questionnaire reminded me of the surveys that I used to do in forward e-mails back in middle school. I guess this is the grown up version, so here it goes:

1. The rules of the game get posted on the beginning.
2. Each player answers the rules about him or herself.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they’ve been tagged and asking them to read his [or her] blog.

What I was doing ten years ago:
Well, ten years ago I was 11 years old and just finishing sixth grade. Sixth grade was my phase where I was having a hard time figuring out who I was and my own style. I used to wear sneakers, leggings, and big shirts with things like polar bears on them. I used to hate taking showers, and although I wasn’t smelly because I swam a lot (even through the winter), my hair was always nasty from the chlorine and I would just throw it up into a big bun. This was also a braces age and pre-contacts. Don’t I sound like a hottie?

At this time of year, like most kids I was probably DIEING for school to get out. We used to spend our summers at the local swim club and I loved, loved, loved it. As soon as the weather got nice, I’d spend the whole school day just anxiously sitting and thinking about how many more hours and days it would be until I didn’t have to be there anymore!

Five things on my To-Do list today:
- Write this entry
- Go to the bank
- Work out
- E-mail my GE “buddy” to find out things such as what to wear, what time to be there in the morning, when to find out about benefits, how often we get paid, etc.
- Get in touch with the HR rep to ask about my family vacation
- SPEND TIME OUTSIDE

Not too bad, huh? Yay for being a college graduate and not starting my job for a few weeks!

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Donate a lot of money to a lot of people, payback everyone that has ever been kind and generous to me throughout my struggles with money, set up a retirement account for my parents, pay back my loans, pay for my brother’s college, buy a hybrid car, take a trip, and save the rest but continue to donate throughout my life. I wouldn’t quit my job, I don’t ever want to live extravagantly like some of the rich people in this world. I just want to help others and live without stressing over money every day as I have my whole life.

Three of my bad habits:
- I’m having difficulty with the differences between bad habits and bad qualities. So lets try bad habits as:
- I leave my things all over the house
- It takes me a while to return things when I borrow them (but I do!)
- I procrastinate

Five places I’ve lived:
I recently had to fill “former addresses” out for my GE job and realized how many places I have lived recently.
- Syracuse, NY (Brewster Hall, Watson Hall, SDT House, my shitty apartment now)
- New York, NY (NYU dorms down by the SeaPort)
- Florence, Italy (Via Cirillo… oh how much I miss it!)
- Cumberland, RI (T.L. Blvd. until November when mom moved to a condo!)

Five jobs I’ve had:
Lets just think of all the places I’ve ever been on the payroll… The Pastry Gourmet, Ice Cream Machine, babysitter, lifeguard at Abbott Run, dining hall employee at Brockway, assistant for the biology department, notetaker, swim lessons instructor at the YMCA, Telefund caller, waitress/cook at The Twisted Burger, and intern at The Rosen Group.

Five books I’ve recently read:
- The Road to Hell by Michael Maren (pick it up)
- Straight From the Gut by Jack Welch
- Without You by Anthony Rapp
- The Future of Leadership edited by Warren Bennis
- And I just started The History of Love by Nicole Krauss

I'm not going to tag anybody, I just wanted to do this for fun!

No comments: