Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Q-of-the-Day!


So a week or so ago I picked up a few random student publications from the bench in the computer lab of Newhouse. One of the pubs was a special issue on "Love, Beauty, and Sex". In the issue there was an entire section about "hooking up". The fact that everyone has a different notion of what "hooking up" is has been discussed a lot amongst my friends. It is sort of just a commonly known fact that when someone says "We hooked up." you need to recognize and apply whatever their specific definition is.

This issue interviewed a few different students about what their own definition of "hooking up" is and how many "hooks ups" they estimate the average SU student has had after 4 years. Nycole M. and Jordan N. responded 10, Emily S. said 22, and then snaggle-toothed Joshua S. answered 50-60!

50-60 seemed way off to me but I wasn't sure so I decided to ask all my roommates. Their answers still left me wondering so I went a step further, made a sign, posted it on the wall, and invited everyone who came in to answer anonymously.

The specific question I asked was, "During your 4 years at SU, how many hook-ups have you amassed?" and noted that the definition of hooking up we were using was going to be anything MORE than kissing and petting.

The answers we got were as follows:

-19
- 17
- 15
- 14
- 13
- 12
- 10
- 9
- 7
- 6
- 5
- 5
- 2

That is an average of 10.3!!! Kudos to Nycole and Jordan for being freakishly accurate.

Anybody else care to chime in with their numbers?

Post anonymously pleaseeee!

No comments: