Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happiness

There were three seperate things that contributed together and made this weekend absolutely amazing. For the majority of the time I was so blissfully happy it almost hurt. A few days ago I wrote about how I was having difficulty allowing myself to get excited for things because I couldn't shake the fear that they would fall through. Well, it turns out I didn't have a reason to worry because on Friday, everything fell into a place when I was offered a job AND my friends arrived from out of town!

- I haven't received the official offer package yet, but I received a phone call around 12:30 p.m. on Friday, April 3rd letting me know that I was being offered a position in a two-year program for communications at a global corporation. I thought that I was going to cry/scream I was so excited. I have a job! I feel like I should look different... :)

- Three of my best friends from studying abroad in Florence drove up from Loyola College in Baltimore to visit for the weekend. Although I wished that a few other individuals could have made the trip and made the reunion perfecto... it really was an amazing time. Seeing them reminds me of what an incredible life I have and how lucky I am. I'm lucky to have such amazing, loving, accepting, and ridiculously fun and hysterical people in my life, and also lucky because I am able to have conversations that start with, "This reminds me of that time that we were in Greece and...." or "Remember the restaurant we went to in Switzerland..."

These two things combined together, PLUS, the sunshine that finally broke into Syracuse this weekend and made it enjoyable to be outdoors once again made me happy in every cell of my body.

No comments: