Saturday, November 15, 2008

I have a hard time making eye contact.

I do when I need to. Interviews. Public speaking. Trying to make a point or convince someone that I’m telling the truth.

But in normal conversation, especially normal conversation with someone I feel close with, I have a really hard time keeping eye contact. It makes me feel really uncomfortable. I think maybe I’m scared that people will see something in me that I’m not ready to share.

I have a very expressive face. That was told to me once and it is something that I have been horribly apparent of since. And anybody who has ever had an in depth conversation with me or been around me for a little while will be able to say the same thing. Poker face? Doesn’t exist with me.

As for the eye contact thing. I feel like it probably looks pretty weird to others who are trying to have a one on one conversation with me and my eyes are darting around. So I'm trying to work on making eye contact more in conversation. The problem is eye contact with boys I have crushes on makes me blush... and I sort of have crushes on everybody right now.

Oh to be 22 years old.

No comments: